Adding New Products (prior to 5.23)
To add a new product, or edit an existing product, open the Product List screen.
- On the main screen, navigate to Products -> Edit Products.
- When the GET screen opens, click the 'Cancel' button. The Product List screen will open.
- Click the green + sign at the top of the screen to add a new product type. A new line will appeaer in the grid below.
- Fill out the details in the Product Detail tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Note: Make sure to check the 'Active' checkbox to ensure that the product will appear on the dropdowns in the Sales and Work Order screens.
- To add styles (colors) to a product, click “Show Styles” to open the Style window to the right and the green + sign to add a new line.
- Type the item color in the “Color” field and tab out to save the field (clicking out will not save, you must press tab). Color Description and Picture URL fields are not applicable in the current version.
- Click the 'Save all Styles' and ‘Save All Products’ buttons at the top of the screen to save your changes.
- Keep in mind that once you save a Product (or style), you will not be able to delete it. If you want to remove the product from the dropdown in the Sales and Work Order screens, simply uncheck the 'Active' checkbox.
- If you wish to use background colors and product images on your design proof, please refer to the “Important Settings” section on the Design Proof help topic on our website. https://embtrak.com/design-proof.html
Verify Positions, Design Statuses, Color Coordination Codes, Types, etc.
- On the main screen, navigate to System -> Administration -> Edit List Tables ->List Data Editor
- The List Items Administration screen will open with a list of categories that have already been filled out with commonly used data. You have the option to keep the data that's already there, edit it, add to it or delete it.
- The categories are shown in the column on the left under the 'Data Lists,' and the details are shown in the viewer on the right under the 'List Items.'